CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinemas and Theatres   » Beverly Center 13 Cinemas (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Beverly Center 13 Cinemas
Mark Lensenmayer

- posted September 13, 2009 01:20 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer         Edit/Delete Post 
Looking over the website, I only see a couple of buried references to RAVE...one on the CONTACT US page, and one on the TERMS OF USE page, where only the address of RAVE is listed. By not being a RAVE theatre, they don't have to be all digital!

|  IP: Logged

Bill Gabel

- posted May 31, 2010 07:55 AM      Profile for Bill Gabel           Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like Rave's Beverly Center 13 (formerly Mann Theatres, Loews Cineplex Theatres, Cineplex Theatres) will be closing on June 3rd, 2010. Retail store Forever 21 will taking over the site of the theatre.

Jeff Arellano

- posted May 31, 2010 07:19 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Sad to see it go. Then again not sad. It was its own gem and one that will be missed. I just want to know how Forever 21 will configure it and what will remain after its gutted. I hope Ed can get a ton of pictures or if he allows me to go I'd like to take a final tour...

Jason Whyte

- posted June 02, 2010 10:14 AM      Profile for Jason Whyte   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Whyte         Edit/Delete Post 
Jeff,

Are you able to go down there and photograph the theater?

I'm sure Mr. Havens would allow it if you got in touch with him. As he commented on the Cinema Treasures page, he seems somewhat busy with closing the theater so suddenly, and there's a rental screening tomorrow.

I'd really love to see more photos of the cinema...each auditorium, hallways leading to cinemas, booth, lobby, that sort of thing.

Jeff Arellano

- posted June 02, 2010 10:45 AM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
If Ed is cool with it.... I'd do it. I could go tomorrow night and photograph it. I forgot my cinematreasure log in.. But maybe he can tell me here or I can try calling the theater later today. Or if he sees this ill post my cell number for the next couple days.

ED CALL ME I WILL TAKE PICTURES IF YOU LIKE.. 626-641-5447

Mark Campbell

- posted June 02, 2010 03:19 PM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
For posterity I hope Edward can allow Jeff to photograph. I would do it if I were not up in Seattle at the moment. It's not often we have an insider giving us a heads up.

Jeff: copy your post to Edward on the Cinema Treasures Beverly Center page. Ed is always on that.

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted June 02, 2010 05:15 PM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
Rave allowed us to take pictures of their theatres in Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky this past month. I've emailed our contact there to get Jeff legitimate permission to take pictures at the Beverly Center. When I hear back I'll yet y'all know.

Edward Havens

- posted June 02, 2010 11:59 PM      Profile for Edward Havens   Email Edward Havens         Edit/Delete Post 
I have clearance. I'll call in the morning.

[ June 03, 2010, 12:55 AM: Message edited by: Edward Havens ]

Jeff Arellano

- posted June 03, 2010 10:32 AM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet. I will be expecting your call.

Jeff Arellano

- posted June 03, 2010 02:04 PM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
I will be there tonight for the last set. I have set up everything with Edward (thanks so much again!) and will try and get every foot of that theater tonight. I will he there about 10.

Jason Whyte

- posted June 03, 2010 09:07 PM      Profile for Jason Whyte   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Whyte         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds great, Jeff! Thanks so much for doing some photos on this cinema, and as well to Edward for permitting it! I have never been here but have always wanted to, and will have to live vicariously through pictures.

Jason

Jeff Arellano

- posted June 04, 2010 01:35 AM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
Just got back home from the (now closed) Beverly Center 13. It was a depressing night for sure. There already is a nice big hole in the lobby where the mall is adding extra escalators for Forever 21.

I did manage to take 255 (yes that is the correct number) pictures inside of the theater. Every auditorium.. Every hallway.. all the 80s glory.

I do want to thank Edward once again and for showing me around the projection booths and into the old upstairs concession stand that's been closed for years. I sure am going to miss this place.

Oh since there are so mny pictures I can burn them onto a cdr and mail then to someone. Edward don't forget to send me your info. My email is jmarellano at gmail dot com.

Christopher Crouch

- posted June 04, 2010 03:56 AM      Profile for Christopher Crouch   Email Christopher Crouch         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, at least the theatre wrapped up it's near twenty eight year run on an upswing, under staff/management that cared and with people who wished to document it's existance. If nothing else, that's a far better ending than many cinemas experience.

Jeff Arellano

- posted June 04, 2010 08:43 AM      Profile for Jeff Arellano   Email Jeff Arellano         Edit/Delete Post 
KNX1070 Has been reporting the closure of the theater all morning on the news, citing Cinematreasure as their source. The only error is the reporter said the theater opened in 1992.

Mark Campbell

- posted June 04, 2010 09:01 AM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
Hopefully Cinematour can post that many pictures. They did about 100 of mine from the National's closing night. I think I emailed them in to Adam in batches of 10 or so. Thank you to Jeff and Edward! It's not often one can get an insider heads up and permission to photograph a theatre before it closes. I tried to do this when word was out about the National and Century Plaza closings, but with better success at the National. It's too bad this site and digital cameras weren't around when most of the single-digit screen non-stadium theatres began to fade in the late '90's with the rise of the megaplex.

Edward: Thanks for your efforts to help the Beverly Center step it up a notch in its final days. I am sorry I was not able to see it under your management. If only all operators could take pride like yourself, even with a challenging project like the Beverly Center. I really think it could have been reworked into something special with a "screening room" feel that could have catered to the industry people with great service etc., like Gold Glass Cinemas only not so expensive. We'll never know. Just know that I will still avoid The Grove like the plague when I am in LA!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.