CinemaTour
Cinema History Around the World
 HOME ·· CINEMAS ·· FORUM ·· LINKS ·· BOOKS
 Contact Cinematour ·· Help & Hints ·· About Cinematour
Cinematour Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Cinematour Forum   » Cinema Yak   » GCC Trailer (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: GCC Trailer
Steven Rood

- posted September 19, 2005 02:02 PM      Profile for Steven Rood   Email Steven Rood         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok. I get it. It seems like i am one of many who stil have that old GCC Blue (not dirty) opening trailer/logo with the catchy little music/sound and little white line coming out of the projector on screen, stuck in my head.

Oh, to view that again, my life would be complete.

Has anyone here been able to score an old print of it or of any other old Exhibitor's trailers that could either be transfered and made into a QT movie or similar?. All this GCC talk has made me 'hungry' to see it again.

"Lets all go to the lobby, lets all go to the lobby,"...

stevo

|  IP: Logged

Richard A Stegman Jr

- posted September 19, 2005 05:05 PM      Profile for Richard A Stegman Jr   Email Richard A Stegman Jr         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still looking for trailers(particularly GCC,Pacific & Mann from the 1970's and '80s)that can be transferred to DVD or
VHS.

Dave Felthous

- posted September 19, 2005 09:14 PM      Profile for Dave Felthous   Email Dave Felthous         Edit/Delete Post 
Steven, I saw the old GCC trailer so many times when I worked as a checker for them that I never want to see it again!

However, I can still sing "Let's All Go to the Lobby." Loved that. When it first played in my hometown (pop. 20,000) in the early 1950s we high-schoolers picked it up, and it was even sung at the end of pep assemblies. It went away when CinemaScope came along because there were no trailers Scope format. I still miss it!

George Gates

- posted September 20, 2005 05:17 AM      Profile for George Gates           Edit/Delete Post 
Top notch projectionists would splice in black leader between flat trailers and a scope feature, in order to do a lens change for the two formats. (They'd close the dowser during this change)

Bill Gabel

- posted September 20, 2005 08:22 AM      Profile for Bill Gabel           Edit/Delete Post 
When I worked in the Los Angeles film market. I worked for Pacific, Mann, GCC and a few others. I know I have the old GCC logos (projector, big ticket, candy band) and various Pacific Theatre logos (the Pacific wave, block, Welcome to Pacific Theatres, El Capitan opening curtain overture)and various Mann logos too.

Amanda Jones

- posted September 20, 2005 09:03 AM      Profile for Amanda Jones   Email Amanda Jones         Edit/Delete Post 
Man I wish I had saved some of those. When GCC became AMC we just threw all our trailers out.

Daniel Fuentz

- posted September 20, 2005 10:33 AM      Profile for Daniel Fuentz   Email Daniel Fuentz         Edit/Delete Post 
I remember a few of those Pacific trailers from the Sunnyside Drive-In! I have fuzzy memories of the Mann trailers of the 80's, we didn't get to go to those theaters very often! The one I saw most was UA's Magician -- and I have fuzzy memories of another UA trailer with words spelled out in lights.

Steven Rood

- posted September 21, 2005 09:50 AM      Profile for Steven Rood   Email Steven Rood         Edit/Delete Post 
My last memories of the old GCC trailer days were back in 1980 when some high school friends and i went to a Midnight showing of Dawn of the Dead at the Peabody Mass. 3-plex

http://www.cinematour.com/tour.php?db=us&id=5176

stevo

Brad Miller

- posted March 12, 2006 01:09 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller         Edit/Delete Post 
General Cinema logo [thumbs up]

Scott D. Neff
Tour Guide

- posted March 12, 2006 09:36 AM      Profile for Scott D. Neff   Email Scott D. Neff         Edit/Delete Post 
hhhhhot!

Mark Campbell

- posted March 12, 2006 10:32 AM      Profile for Mark Campbell   Email Mark Campbell         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Brad Miller!!

Question: Who else has any more trailers out there?

One I would love to see would be SRO (Sterling Recreation Organization) trailers from the '70's and '80's. These might exist from any old SRO theatres in the Seattle area that were bought by Cineplex Odeon in 1986 (the Factoria, Oak Tree, Cinerama, Uptown, Grand...) I would pay to have them transferred!!

Jim Rankin
(Jim passed away in December 2006)

- posted March 12, 2006 10:34 AM      Profile for Jim Rankin   Email Jim Rankin         Edit/Delete Post 
Steven Rood: I wonder if your quest for any trailer wouldn't possibly be better answered at this site's sister site: www.film-tech.com ? I don't know exactly where you would look on that vast site, but maybe they will let you register there so that you can ask all their guys. Be sure that you make it clear how much you are willing to PAY anyone for their search and copying efforts-- if you REALLY want a copy. Best Wishes.

Brad Miller

- posted March 12, 2006 10:42 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder how many video ipods that will find it's way to.

Chris Utley

- posted March 13, 2006 01:09 PM      Profile for Chris Utley   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Utley         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, oh man! Seeing that GCC trailer takes me back to 1976 watching "Car Wash" and Disney movies at the Northland Cinema in St. Louis! Thanks for the memories!

Steven Rood

- posted March 15, 2006 07:33 AM      Profile for Steven Rood   Email Steven Rood         Edit/Delete Post 
That video was great. Thanks.

Mark Campbell, i believe, had actually sent me the audio of the file and a still shot of the blue background image. So with the video from Brad, i'm very happy.

Thanks.

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

© 1995-2013 Vision Entertainment Services. All rights reserved.